The library is excited to introduce downloadable eBooks and eAudiobooks through OverDrive's Download Destination!
OverDrive is a digital collection of eBooks, audiobooks and music. Through Download Destination you can "check-out" and download material like any other item in the library collection. After your check-out period expires (7 or 14 days), the title will cease to work on your device. There are no fines ever with digital downloads!
Not all titles are available and we share them with other local libraries. Just like our regular collection, you can get on the waitlist for a title that is already checked out. Each card can "check-out" 6 digital items at a time.
What do I need to get started?
1. A valid Westland library card. Our contract with OverDrive does not allow us to offer this service to other communities, but many other area libraries also offer access to Download Destination. See a list of participating libraries here.
2. Make sure you are using a compatible device. Compatible computers and devices include PC, Mac, Kindle, nook, Sony eReader, iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile, among others. See a full list of all compatible devices here.
3. Download the free required software to your computer or portable device (Adobe Digital Editions or OverDrive Media Console). Some devices require an initial download to a computer. Due to the legalities of downloading digital media, library computers cannot be used to transfer digital downloads. You must have your own computer or access to a computer if you need to use one to get a title onto your device.
4. Search for titles on the Download Destination website.
Help Using OverDrive
Not all devices are the same and as a result your OverDrive experience will vary depending on what device you are using and what type of file you are trying to download.
1. MyHelp: This great resource allows you to access instructions specific to your device
3. Guided Tour
5. Stop by the library or give us a call : 734-326-6123
- Green Corner
- Adult Reading Help